Friday, August 31, 2012

A very emotional day

Day 590 - again an emotional day, this visit is doing something to me that did not happen in previous visits. and I am welcoming and blessing these things. I met with one of my friends today and she suggested we"ll go to the art museum in the university and I, who didn't think of this cool idea, loved it. the museum has a very large collection of August Rodin's sculptures. I love August Rodin's work. I fell in love with it when I was 14 years old, on my first visit to Paris and I never fell out of love. I still find his work amazing and inspiring. So we spend few hours together first enjoying this huge collection of Rodin, and as usual, I find new details that are of interest to me and I enjoy it in a very different way.I get ideas, I see how he is solving a problem - all very interesting and important points. I also saw few paintings by other artists and again took so many pictures so I will remember very interesting details - how the artist deals with the transparency of glass the metal quality of a spoon; how colors are blend and being put together and special affects I might want to learn. This trip is going to do wonders to my paintings. after we ate lunch I went to an art store and bought few more supplies I want to add to the things I bought already -I will have a lot to do next week at my son's.I am going to work on my face drawing skills. I also had a very special time with the friend I am staying with. We went and got manicure & pedicure together and I put a neon orange color and love it, and at night we had a few hours of girl's fun where we tried shoes and later she tried on clothes to take for her trip and I helped her with "professional" advice of how to pair it, what to add, and we had a blast. I am so happy I am staying with her, it gave us quality time like we didn't have for years and I love it. She is my very best friend and I missed this intimacy we once had and kind of got lost even before I left as my troubles at home mounted. So the trip did wonders for that. I also met my ex for the first time on this trip and it was nice. He was very nice and very warm and we had a good and productive discussion and it makes me happy as well; I don't like to harbor bad emotions and I didn't like the fact that things were stuck. I think we talked about them all and agreed and I am now ready to sign the papers tomorrow. 
   
I am thankful for a most emotional day today. I am thankful that my inner artist got a special treat and Enjoyed this amazing outing to the art museum. I am thankful I got to see my granddaughter one more time. It is the last time on this trip and I will miss her, but it was so great to get to know her a little and see how wonderful she is. I am thankful I got to spend time with my oldest daughter and see this side of her i never met before - being a mom - and I love it; her patience and love; the seriousness in which she is taking this new role, and I loved seeing how it softened her and changed her in so many ways; all so important. I am thankful I had a good and productive meeting with my ex-husband. I am thankful for such quality time I had with my friend; there is nothing as powerful as girl's night and I had a wonderful time. 

No comments: