Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Life is so Frail

Day 581 - one of the women in our painting club had a scary story to tell that is still hounting me two hours later. Few days ago her MF called her in the middle of the day that he really doesn't feel well and he think it's his heart. She rushed to his house and took him to the nearest hospital where it was confirmed it was a heart attack and they took him in and did cathettherization and inserted two stents. A night in the ICU and two more days in the hospital followed the procedure. We all know the guy, he is a member of our regular painting class. And regardless, this is such a scary story. We are getting to the age when our health is in decline, where pitfalls are awaiting us around the corner. I have a father who is 85 and a MF who is 65, these things are real and looming. Not a happy thought. Maybe it is time to make some serious changes to my eating and excercising habits, to my sleeping routine. Maybe this is the writing on the wall, for me for my close friends, for everyone - we should not take our body for granted, this is all we have. If it will fail we won't be able to go on even if we don't feel old or helpless. Maybe today can mark the beginning of a new life. I sure don't want to ignore the incident and go about my life as if business is as usual.

I am thankful for earth shattering event that I hope will leave its mark on me. I am thankful that our friend is OK, a little shaken but with no permanent damage. I am thankful all my loved ones are fine I am thankful I can worry about a painting and not about the odds of survival for my MF, as my friend had to do. I am thankful for a wonderful day and for a day full of promise that awaiting me tomorrow.

No comments: