Thursday, August 9, 2012

Girls' Party

Day 569 - one of my friends from work decided to have a party in her new apartment, a girls' party. She invited about 20 women. Each one brought some food or wine and we had a blast. It is my first home party since I moved here and I really enjoyed it. It was a mix of her work friends and other friends so I had all my work friends there and it was a lot of fun to meet outside of the office and see a very different side of us, just hang out and enjoy some time together. I used to throw parties every year when I lived abroad for a much larger crowd in our backyard. In the last few years there, as our marriage deteriorated, I didn't feel like doing it anymore. But I think that now is the right time to start again. I want to have a party, a girls party, just like the one I had tonight, and I want to have dinner in my house every once in a while. I love it and there's no reason not to start doing it. So I think something good is going to come out of tonight's party, something very good; a shift in my attitude. This is not a temporary situation, this is my new life, and I should start developing some rituals that will make me happy, like Sabbath dinners and parties and more ideas as they'll come.
 
I am thankful for a wonderful party tonight, I had a blast. I am thankful to my friend for having this party and for inviting me to join it. I am thankful to my friends who made it such a success. I am thankful it made me rethink some of my actions and hopefully opened some new horizons, new possibilities for me. I am thankful, like every day, for another wonderful day.

No comments: