Sunday, August 12, 2012

Analyzing A Painting Class

Day 572 – How do we make each day count? How do we set them apart when all I do is go to work every day where most days nothing really exciting happens there? I cannot keep writing about the same things week after week. Another painting class, another tour guides class, or can I? True, it is again a painting class but no two classes are the same. Take for example today. I had a friend who came to visit until the class started and it turned out she knows my teacher. They met several times in art shows that my friend likes to attend. Or the fact that it was a full house today. We were 5 girls and as it turned out this is the most we can accommodate and still have enough space to move around and paint. We all know each other and at some point during this master class they were here but not all of us together; and it was a very special experience. There is a very special and very positive energy in this group setting and the fact we are doing it here at my house makes it so much more everyone loves it and we are all sorry it is almost over. Next week will be our last session and then we will resume it in September back at the studio with the whole group. It is sad to think it’s over; I had a great time, we all did and we feel it was so worth it. I even talked to one of my friends to keep working here after the class is over, just the two of us. Or take the pictures we paint. There is this girl who joined us during this summer workshop; she started with pencils like all of us but she already did today her first color painting, and it came out so beautiful. Or another one who is so good she usually paint two large size canvases in one session, whereas most of us won’t even finish one painting every 2 or 3 classes. And then there is the one who paint with so much attention to details it takes her few sessions to finish, but her paintings are exquisite; so delicate and beautiful. And there is one who is the only one of us still married and is a mother to three young children; it is always a struggle for her to come to our class but she probably needs this time off more than any of us and she is so talented it is a real pleasure to see her paintings unfold. And then there is me. And I love to paint and I find so much calm and peace in this class, and regardless if I am talented or not, I found a place and a way to reach down into my soul and bring out of it a very fresh and creative side of me. And I love it dearly. Just the thought of not painting for two weeks, while I’m away, makes me sad. In short, it might sound the same but it never is. Every session is different, every meeting is very unique and everything we get out of the locked compartments of our soul is giving us so much more freedom and happiness.
 
I am thankful for a wonderful painting class; probably the best we had so far. I am thankful for a real progress I made with my paintings. I am thankful we get to know each other in such a different way; we get to hear real life stories of each one of us. Today I even read a poem during our break, as did our teacher. I am thankful for a day that sound like routine but was anything but routine; for a wonderful day.            

No comments: