Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Bad Sleep Habits


Day 575 – In reflexology today I got reprimanded for not sleeping enough, for neglecting my body and I know it’s true. I am too easy on giving up sleep and any reason is a good enough reason to sleep less. So I decided that tonight I am going to be really good about that. I am going to write my blog right now and then take a shower and go to sleep. I hope to be in bed by 10:30 pm which will give me almost 8 hours of sleep. Not too bad at all. Now the question is why I do that and I have no good answer, just a very bad habit that I don’t find in me the will power to break. So I am not making any promises, but I want to try to be better about it. I know it is unhealthy and one day my body will not be able to do it anymore. I am burning the candle on both sides and as I get older it is more of a stupid thing to do. My reserves are getting smaller and if I want to go strong for many more years I have to make sure I give my body what it needs – healthy food choices and adequate sleep are the top two but of course there are few more things I have to pay attention to. I have to find a way to stick with it this time and not to make again all these big plans and a week later let it all slide again. I have to learn how to arrange my life in more manageable pieces, so it will not be overwhelming. I have to do a lot of thinking. But right now the most important one is to get into a better sleeping routine. It is all part of self-care, so it should be so easy, but for some reason it is so very hard for me. But not today; at least today I am going to be a good girl and stop writing right now and post this blog and go to sleep.
  
I am thankful for this eye opening talk about sleep. I am thankful that at least today I will hit the pillow in a normal hour. I am thankful for every little change I make, for every act of kindness towards myself; there where many years I didn’t do any and so every little thing counts for so much. I am thankful for a wonderful day.     

No comments: