Wednesday, August 22, 2012

No More an Ugly Duckling

Day 582 - I met with the personal stylist today and for 8 hours we went shopping together, all the while she was explaining how to choose the right piece of close, what works for me and what not, how to play for good features and minimize attention to weak spots.she taught me how to make good combinations, to accessorize. and to top it all we went to one of the best hair dressers in the country and I got e killer haircut. So few hours, not too much money and a lot of patience on her part and out of the ugly duckling an amazing swan emerged. I am looking at myself in the mirror and i can barely recognize myself. after arriving home, i stood for two hours trying on everything again, making new combinations and adding more pieces from my wardrobe that fits the guidelines and can work well with my new close. I was so happy I wanted to show it to my MF, the one who is literally is responsible for this transformation, but he already left town for some family event he had to attend. So I'll have to be patient until tomorrow when we meet. I am not putting any picture on Facebook, because I want it to be a total surprise for my family. I want to knock them dead, when they see me. I am so happy, beyond words. It is amazing to see what a good haircut, a pair of well chosen glasses and a good outfit does to a woman. it not only makes me beautiful it also makes me feel so much more like a woman, it lifts my spirit to a level I never knew possible. It makes me promise myself never to walk around like I used to do, to always pay attention to my looks.

I am so thankful I decided to go with it, to give myself such an amazing gift. I am thankful beyond words to my MF who gently pushed me in the right direction, and even more so for the fact he reads me enough to know how to say it so I will not get insulted. I am thankful to the stylist for an amazing day where she shared her knowledge with me freely. I am thankful to everyone who took part in this endeavor; who  helped making it such a ground shaking event. I am thankful for an amazing day.     

No comments: