Saturday, August 25, 2012

My Granddaughter

Day 585 - First day of my visit. I spent the whole day with my daughter and her partner and with their little daughter, my little granddaughter and it was so wonderful. It was a little difficult at first since she is at the age where she is suspicious of strangers but I knew it will be like that and just tried to make her feel safe around me, and slowly during the day she warmed-up to me and by the end even allowed me to hold her in my arms. We went outside to the playground in the morning and to the children's museum and zoo in the afternoon and she loved it! she ran from one exhibit to the next shouting in joy the few words she can say and it was so very cute. they also had their little bath ritual at the end of the day and than I left because I was so tired. An hour of sleep brought me back to a functioning mode and to 2am, again. But I want to finish this blog before going to sleep.it was so wonderful, to see the three of them, to see them in their natural environment and not like last time when they came to visit us over there, in our new home. Here they are more at ease and relaxed, they are at their element and probably less tired and less stressed as well. I really enjoy the day, it came much better than I anticipated and I am so happy I am here. It was a very long time from our last meeting and I will not allow that again. I want to schedule my next trip soon so I will know when and how far between these visits are. and who knows, maybe I will be able to take a little longer vacation nest time and travel a little here and not only stay in one place. But the most important thing is to come and see my kids, not to allow the family connections to severe just because I separated from my husband and moved to a different country.

I am thankful to be here. I am thankful my daughter and her family were so nice and welcoming. I am thankful to finaly see my granddaughter and getting spend so much time with her. I am thankful for the miracle called life, especially as it comes to view in a little girl who is running around laughing.

No comments: