Friday, August 3, 2012

An Amazing Concert

Day 563We attended the second concert in the desert. And tonight it was "The Project of Idan Reichel" and it was absolutely amazing. I have the CDs of this show but a live performance of it is infinitely better. The energy, the enthusiasm of the 14 members group and the connection with the sold out crown brought it to a totally different level. This is a good enough reason to buy a ticket and drive 3 hours in the middle of the night back home, nothing can  compare to the performance of last night; it was such an amazing and uplifting performance. He is such a talented musician and every artist on stage contribute to this electrifying experience; there are no words to describe it. You have to be there to understand. Just a big wow!! We drove back home after the show and it is now almost 5am now so this is a very short entry, I have to wake up in less than 4 hours, but as I said it was totally worth it – the amazing performance as well as the wonderful setting of a concert in the desert. I will do it again next year, for sure.
 
I am thankful for an amazing night of so much energy and so much talent on one stage. I am thankful I finally got to see a performance of this group; I listened to the CDs and knew how great they are but it’s nothing like witnessing it firsthand. I am thankful to my daughter for an amazing weekend we spent together, it was so very special and I am so thankful she was willing to do that. I am thankful I can go to sleep now, even if only for a short time and that it is Saturday so I will have a chance to make up the missing hours later in the day. 

No comments: