Sunday, August 5, 2012

My First Yoga Class in Three Years

Day 565 - My GF (instead of boyfriend) told me about a yoga class he is taking that is very good. So I decided to come to one class and see if I like the way they do it. Yoga is something very personal so if the is no chemistry with the teacher and if you don't like the way they teach it cannot work. I love yoga, I did it for years when I lived abroad but the last year there was too tolling on me and I stopped practicing. And now since I moved here, I didn't come back to it yet. So I made sure it is ok with him if I'll be in the same class, which he assured me it was, and I left work a little early today to get to class on time. It is a begginers class but after three years I am really a beginner once again. My body just lost so much strength and flexibility (which was not great to begin with). Never the less, it was such a great class and such a great feeling. I forgot how good the body feels after a yoga session, I could feel how I walk taller and with a straighter back, how I breath deeper and better. I could feel the deep relaxation, yet full presence feeling that follow a good yoga class. I love it so much; I don't know how I let it slip out of my life, but I am bringing it back.
 
I am thankful for finding this great practice again, for a great class and great rewards it brings with it. I am thankful to my GF for telling me about it, for encouraging me to join it too. I am thankful for yoga class, for a great evening on the beach with him, for great and intelectually challenging discussions; I love it about him. I am thankful for amazing gifts that are so abundant in my life it sometimes leaves me breathless; I feel so blessed and I am so thankful for that.

No comments: