Monday, August 6, 2012

An Art Show

Day 566 – at some point I have to find a balance between togetherness and alone time; between a blossoming relationship and the rest of my life. I have to find a way to include all the facets of my life otherwise I might fall again in the same pitfalls I had before; I cannot loose myself just because I enjoy this warm and fuzzy feeling long forgotten. We are both struggling with it right now. But if we cannot find a way to do that we won’t last very long - too much of a good thing is still too much. I had to fight long and hard to find who I am and what I want, to find my own path and I don’t want to ever lose it again. So today, since we spend all of yesterday together, we have alone time. After work I went to see an art show where my art teacher is one of the artists on display, and I stayed there for a long time. Now that I am also painting, I am looking at an art show with a very different eye; I am checking techniques, “how did he make it look like water”, “how did she make the bark of the tree so real”. I am looking at themes and compositions,  at different ways to present a subject, different approaches to reality; in short I am looking the artist’s way, with my heart and my eyes; and I love this new way to look at it, the more personal and observing way. I even wrote in the visitors’ book, something I never did before, because now I realize how scary it is to put oneself out like that and how important every positive feedback is. It makes me so happy to be able to look at a show this way and enjoy it so much more because of that. I also got today in the mail an invitation to another art show and I loved the picture they put on the cover so much; and again I looked at it with astonishment how she made the foam of the waves on the beach so real; I think I’ll try to do that tomorrow in my painting class. I loved the moodiness of the picture and the dreaminess I love this kind of atmosphere; a perfect one for me, if I can only find a way to bring it from the eye and head to the brushes and the canvas.  
  
I am thankful for a day full of art; a food for my soul. I am thankful I managed to have a day full of excitement. I am thankful I have as much art in my life as I want; I am thankful for all the gifts it brings to me. I am thankful I have someone in my life I so want to be with, that I have to force myself to stay away some times. I am thankful for all the blessings in my life.

No comments: