Saturday, August 4, 2012

Painting From My Heart

Day 564It was a slow day today. By the time I went to sleep this morning it was already 5 am and the truth is I could not fall asleep so it was even later and for some unknown reason I woke up at 7am. i tried to make up some of the lost sleep during the day but not much. When my daughter left to meet with some friends instead of going to sleep I started painting and I finished several hours later when she came back. But during that time I took a paining I started last Wednesday and had no idea where I am going with it and I created something I am very pleased with. Unlike last week I am not sure it is done yet and I have few more days to look at it and decide but even now I like how it came out and the direction my paintings are taking; very abstract, just a lot of colors and movement. I still don’t know how I will go from there but it makes me very happy to see these latest painting and to know I had to break so many barriers in order to make them. I had to find in me a place that doesn’t ask for explanations, a place that is ready to feel and vibrate; to think on different wave length. I had to abandon logic which is huge for me and agree to let my imagination and my heart take over. These are painting without words, thus from the other side of my brain, from another part of my heart and I am so happy I managed to connect to it. And the most important thing here is that it is totally my creativity and imagination; I didn’t see it anywhere. And this, by all means is something very important; because no matter if I am talented or not, the artist in me found a voice and a way out, after so many years of being blocked.
  
I am thankful for a quiet day after the very busy last two days. I am thankful I had time to paint; I love it so much and it gives me so much peace and happiness. I am thankful I found a voice of my own and I am creating something out of nothing. I am thankful the blocked artist is blocked no more. I am thankful for an amazing weekend of music and paintings and the wonderful company of my daughter.    

No comments: