Monday, August 13, 2012

Some Heart to Heart Talks

Day 573 - I went to the hospital to be with my friend at her mom's bedside. It is the same hospital where my daughter was hospitalized a year and a half ago, and even the same ward; too close to home apparently. My eyes welled up and I was a little shaken. But I got better after a few minutes and spend few hours with my friend talking. These are difficult times for her, trying to cope with the bad news that might be only days away, and on top of it she still has to work on other issues that don't take vacation just because she cannot handle it right now. In short it was so good for her to have some company and to be able to purge some of the pressure. And I was so happy I was able to be there with her and for her. That I could help her in her time of need. We always say that this friendship is such a precious gift for both of us. That it took separating from my ex for us finally to get so close. And it is such a gift. Both of our lives are richer for having that. Still these are hard times for her as her as her mom's health is declining and she is inching towards the end. It is so sad to witness it.

I am thankful for this friendship I value so much. I am thankful for a very long heart to heart talk we had in the ward and later for over an hour after we already left the facility. I am thankful I was able to give some of my strength to support her at a time like this. I am thankful for wisdoms I got during the last two years and I can pay it forward. I am thankful for a very moving talk I had with my GF today that touched a very deep cord in both of our hearts. I am thankful for such a powerful and heart moving day.

No comments: