Thursday, August 2, 2012

Concert in the Desert

Day 562 - it is a special holiday here today called The Holiday of Love. I will not go into the explanations of the origin and all but will mention the fact that it is a night of a full moon and there are many outdoors musical events all over the country. I decided to go with my daughter to one of them - a performance by Mati Caspi and a female singer named Riki Gal. I saw Mati Caspi only few weeks ago with the man I'm seeing, but it was with a different singer as a companion so a very different set of songs and a very different atmosphere. Besides it is an outdoors event in the desert, under a full moon and with my beloved daughter - I wouldn't miss it for the world. And tomorrow there is in the same place another performance by Idan Reichel so we are going to see two amazing artists in one weekend. The performance was great, the setting very pleasant and we even put to a good use the new folding beach chairs I just bought. But I have to admit the one I saw few weeks ago was better - more energy, more chemistry between the performers and more talent; not Mati Caspi, he is great as always, but I am not such a big fan of Riki Gal. We are spending the night at my parent's and tomorrow night, after the show we'll drive back home. I am so happy we came here for this exciting weekend. Originally my guy friend (how the hell am I suppose to call him, boyfriend sounds so silly for a guy over the age of 60, doesn't it?) was suppose to come too but change of plans in his family prevented him from doing that, I hope we will have another chance to go to a desert concert, it is such a special experience.


I am thankful for such a wonderful day. I am thankful for a very special experience of a concert in the desert. I am thankful for a day I got to spend with my daughter. I know it is the last thing she wants to do - staying in the desert of an extra day and a half, and I am really thankful to her, knowing well she did it in order to spend time with me.

No comments: