Saturday, August 18, 2012

Hiking in a Stifling Heat


Day 578after a month off we had another hiking trip today. Since it is still the middle of the summer and it was especially hot day, we opted again for a water hike. We walked in the dry bed of the creek and after a short walk we started to encounter pools of very cold water. The rest of the hike was so much fun. We just played like little kids frolicking in the water, stripping to our underwear and just jump in. It was shaded and the water cold and we forgot all about the heat in the outside world; outside of this little heaven we were in. We spent several hours walking from pool to pool and near each one of the pools we undressed again and jumped in. A short hike that can take about two hours took us more than 5 but it was sooo much fun. I keep saying that but with every hike we do together we become better friends; we are more comfortable with each other and can do more stupid things and that’s half the fun; today probably brought us to a new level.
 
I am thankful for a wonderful hike with great company and so much laughter and silliness. I am thankful for this wonder group of people that are becoming my intimate circle. I am thankful for friendships forged while hiking; we are sweating together, helping each other every step of the way. I am thankful I found this group, that I can hike with them; that hiking can be such a major part of my life.       

No comments: