Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sick Day


Day 574 – I got sick today in the middle of the day, so I left work early. I got home, started a chicken soup and went to sleep. By early evening I was feeling a little better already, and being me, I got bored from working the computer so I decided to work on my last painting some more. I brought it as far as I can without an input from my teacher but I think it is about done. It was wonderful and I really enjoyed working on it, as always. But it was still early and so I started cleaning my house at the beginning only the bathroom and then the kitchen and then I decided to sweep the floor all over the apartment and before I knew it I was washing floors and cleaning counters. So I ended very tired but I have so much to show for the day – few hours of sleep, a chicken soup, a painting and a clean house and let’s not forget about two hours on the phone with a friend. It was a very busy day. I am feeling much better by now and I hope the worst is over. I kept thinking how wonderful a sick day is, I accomplished so much but in second thought I can so it every day – it is totally up to me.   
  
I am thankful I can enjoy even a day I was sick; I am thankful for all the things I managed to do today. I am thankful for my health, for my friends, for heart to heart talks and for some rare and very flattering complements. I am very tired now, so back to sleep I am thankful I can go to sleep no, that I rested so much.

No comments: