Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cough free night

Day 639 - For the past two week I had a cold. I was coughing and sneezing and very congested. But it's no big deal of course and I did not let something so minor as a common cold dictate my life, and I didn't slow down, not even a bit. The only problem was that I was coughing so hard it scared everyone around me that it might be contagious, and it wasn't getting any better. So finally I decided to see my doctor today. Ten minutes later I walked out of his office with a referral for an ex-ray to make sure it's not Pneumonia, and with prescription for an inhaler and antibiotics. Maybe it was not being a  hypochondric to go and see the doctor after all. But the best thing is that he also gave me a cough syrup. I hate that stuff, but all my muscles hurt from coughing for so long and sometimes I really choke from it so I decided to take it and for the next 4 hours I didn't cough even once!! I am always trying to avoid taking medications but I guess this is an example to why sometimes we do have to bend our rules and just do what is right, in this case - take the meds. I can only hope it is not pneumonia, that there are no implications to my stubbornness.
 
I am thankful I went to the doctor and got help. I am thankful for a cough free evening. I am thankful for the magic of modern medicine; one round of medication and I am so much better. I am thankful it's Thursday, thus painting class day and another beautiful picture to hang on my wall. I am thankful I can go to sleep now and for the first time in two weeks have a restful sleep and a cough free night.    

No comments: