Friday, October 12, 2012

The Bridal Shower

Day 633 - The oldest daughter of our very best friends here is getting married in less than two weeks and today they had a shower for her. I know the girl since she was born, she is actually called after me, just because her parents loved my name so much, and my youngest daughter knows her all her life. We feel like we are family, that her parents are the surrogate parents of my daughter, and we love this family dearly. So it was such a special afternoon for the both of us to be there with them at this special hour, to know they also include us in their most intimate circle, to get to know their friends since we were disconnected from them all for so many years. We look at this wonderful family and it gives us hope that there is such a thing as love and good marriage, gives us hope that maybe one day my daughter will find the right man and settle down with him and they will be able to live happily ever after and not like her parent wake up one day and find out that the dream was gone. It makes us believe again in fairy tales, and wish for a dream to come true. I makes even me hope that one day I will be able to find a man that will love me and cherish our time together till the end of our days... 
but today was her day and we were all there to make her happy and special, to celebrate with her this passage into a new stage in her life and it was absolutely wonderful. We spent four wonderful hours together and all the drive back home we were still basking in the glow of the event, still finding it hard to believe that the wedding is only 12 days away. That we feel so close to them and that we love them so much, that we are so happy we are here to celebrate this special day with them. 
  
I am so thankful for such a special occasion, so thankful we are here. I am so thankful we are here and have the privilege to mark special dates with this amazing family, good times and bad. I am so thankful we are getting into the fabric of life here more and more with each passing day; that we cannot untie it anymore, that we are here to stay.   

No comments: