Monday, October 15, 2012

Folk Dancing class

Day 636 - It is customary here that all the classes start after the end of the holiday season, in mid October, and so this week I already joined the singing group (yesterday) and today I decided to try again the folk dancing class. I tried it once last year but it is on Mondays so it collided with my Tour Guides class, but now that it's over, I enjoy the free time, especially since I broke up with my boyfriend, so my time is free and I don't have to feel guilty about being busy every single day, about being active and running around all the time. So I went to the class and it was wonderful/ last year when I tried it was not a very successful experience but  now I am a little more familiar with few of the dances and especially I have so much more confidence so I don't even care if I know it or not, I can always learn if I'll just put myself out there. So this is what I did and I danced there for an hour and a half, until the advanced crowd started to join us and it was too complicate and more so too packed to enjoy it. It's funny, but some of these dances I didn't see since I was a teenager at the kibbutz; almost 40 years (!) but i was not very good at it then and now I have a chance to do it differently, with more zest. Funny that I have to be older, not as good looking as I was at 16 but happier and with less inhibitions to really enjoy this folk dance scene. The way it looks right now I am planning to be part of it for a long time. 
  
I am thankful for a most enjoyable evening. I am thankful for the idea to give folk dancing a chance. I am thankful for being alone right now and looking for interesting things to do. I am thankful for the gift of music and dance in my life, for the joy such evening brought to my heart. I am thankful I can do so many wonderful things instead of staying home feeling sorry for myself and cry.

No comments: