Friday, October 19, 2012

Music for the soul

Day 640 - One of my friends at work told me about this really cool bar that on Fridays afternoon transforms for three hours into a jazz joint. It sounded really good and usually my Friday afternoons are free so I decided to go today. I've been to this mall so many times and I never noticed this bar before so I hesitantly stepped in just to find myself in wonderland. It was packed to the brim with people in their 50s and 60s all in great mood and there was a band and someone was singing at the mike. Luckily my friend was there already with her boyfriend and all their friends and so they made room for me at the long table they had. I was immediately sucked into the scene. Great music and even greater mood. People were singing with the performers and every once in a while some even danced. It was all oldies music - jazz and 40-50 music. Some of the performers were professionals in the past and I could feel it by the quality of their voices, the ability to move the crowed and feed off it... It was also so nice to see under one roof so many talanted singers and musicians. It was nice to see men, because most of the audience were men, in their late 60s with so much positive energy, so happy and relaxed, just having a good time, just enjoying an afternoon filled with their favorite songs. It was so much fun and even though I knew only my friend and her BF I just felt at ease and at home; two and a half hours seemed like a minute and it was already time to take my leave. But I will be back, hopefully even next week; it was such a cool and different afternoon - a food for my soul. 
  
I am thankful my friend told me about this cool place. I am thankful I went without even thinking I am going alone to a bar and I was so rewarded for doing that. I am thankful to all the people who made this experience so very special for me. I am thankful for a most enjoyable afternoon. 

No comments: