Monday, October 8, 2012

Old New Friends

Day 629 - we spent a quiet day at home after the intense day yesterday. We talked, watched a movie, talked all thing we can do at home in our PJ without moving too much. At the evening one of my friends from the Tour Guides class called and asked if I want to go with her to visit another friend from the same class. these are the same friends I went to dance with on Friday and two of the people who were in my party yesterday, so I did. We spent few hours there and it was very nice. Another friend from the course also joined us later on. Apparently they were meeting regularly during the past few months and form some reason they decided to add me to the group. I felt a little uneasy to realize how little attention I paid to all my friends during the class. I came to study and not really to make friends where as they did both. I really like them and I am happy I get a chance to get to know them better now. It is just so strange for me to join the group now when they are so united and have so many stories and memories they share, how oblivious I was to all this. So this evening was an eye opener for me; to learn their personal stories, the dramas of the past few months and to take new strides together in a road I hope will be shared for a long time,  friendships in the making.
 
I am thankful for a quiet and slow day today, I needed it after the high action of the past few days. I am thankful to my friend for including me in this close and intimate circle of close friends. I am thankful for a fun and interesting evening, for heart to heart conversation. I am thankful to my daughter for a very special day, like always when we have time just the two of us. I am thankful for a special day.

No comments: