Thursday, October 4, 2012

I decided to throw a party

Day 625 - I am getting tired of being alone on the holidays and I thought of inviting my friends over - kind of "let be alone together". I talked to a few and got great feedback, I guess I am not the only one in this position, so it is set - this coming Sunday is going to be my first party at home since I moved here a little over two years ago. I am very excited about it. I used to throw parties and entertain a lot and it is something I really liked doing, so I missed it and I really don't understand why it took me so long to realize that nothing prevents me from doing it, I just have to decide; and finally I did. I have to admit I am a little rusty, it took me few trials until I got the food assignment down, but overall it's something you just don't forget, like riding bicycles. So here we are with about 10 people already RSVP, about the capacity of my entertainment ability, any more and I'll have to borrow chairs. It's going to be interesting mix of people from all the different facets of my life - few from my hiking group, few from my painting class, few from my tour guides class and maybe even my MF, not sure yet; he doesn't want to commit and I am fine either way. I find it very interesting that each one of us, or at least most of us, have so many different facets, like a precious diamond, and we meet in each of these activities people that are doing other things as well, so we might be very different people that just happen to have one hobby or interest in common. I don't really know how all the mix will work together, but I love them all so I really hope they will.

I am thankful for this up and coming party, long overdue but so special because of that, and I am really, really excited. I am thankful I have so many friends by now that I cannot invite them all in the same time to my house. I am thankful to my friend who called me tonight and suggested we'd go and see the outdoors event in the harbor area of our city - a huge event with street performers and food and music - we had a blast. 

No comments: