Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Investments

Day 631 - I am not going to write about the man I am dating, was dating, wish I could still be dating... I am not going to write about that. It's too close, and painful and confusing. But today was also the day I signed the contract to buy an income producing property, the first one I am buying on my own, the first one I am buying here in my country and it is a very big and important step. I have a real estate license in the country I came from; I bought and sold many properties. I managed rentals, and tenants and constructions; so I am not new to the field. But I had a back up. I had a husband who earned enough and wealth to back me up. Things are very different now. I am the sole provider, my salary is much smaller and I am doing it in a different country, not totally in the game yet. So Now is the time for me to learn about mortgages here and how it work, how the whole real estate market works here. I am new and inexperienced but I think the seller, who is my friend, is a very honest guy and that I am making a good business decision. I signed the contract today and as soon as I get the mortgage I will get the place. It is already rented for the next 2 years so it is an easy way to get into the business. I hope that in the near future I will get more money from my ex and that I will be able to buy one more such property and a house to live. If I can buy one or two more properties I will have and income enough to support me after I'll retire and this is what I aim to do. I don't have a retirement fund because of all the moving so this will serve as such. It makes me so happy to get back in the game.
  
I am thankful for a day that started on such a negative note but ended with a bang. I am thankful for this opportunity to take my future into my own hands and not rely on anyone else but me. I am thankful I am in a position to make such a move; I hope it will be the first of many.

No comments: