Saturday, October 27, 2012

October on the beach

Day 648 - by the time I went to bed yesterday it was almost 4am, a little late even by my standards. But I knew it is Saturday and I don't have a hike this weekend so I was not stressed about it. I just turned off my alarm and put my cell phone on silent mode. by the time I woke up today is was almost 1pm! and I had few missed calls. One of which was from the friend I went to the dance with yesterday. She was bored and hungry. We decided to meet on the beach for lunch. It proved to be such a great idea. The sun was shining, it was  hot and the water with only tiny ripples to disturb the calm. We ate lunch and strolled on the boardwalk, and set on the beach talking until after an amazing sunset. Only when it was completely dark and a little chilly we got up heading home. It was such an amazing afternoon; and to think that all this happens on the last week of October is even more mind boggling. Back were we used to live Halloween was always freezing cold and we are lucky enough to be too hot! Since we are both singles the natural direction of the conversation is guys and relationships. She was telling me war stories and I had some of my own of course. and we always wonder how to be able to tell when we meet the right guy, the same thing I was writing about few days ago. Right now I am supper excited about this new guy in my life, so all day long I was thinking and talking about him, a guy that I don't even know and might be such a big disappointment, but for a few days at least I can dream and hope. We both are right now and it's cool. This is the reward for having the courage to break the bondage of my marriage and getting out. People look at it and think it is so hard to try to find a new mate, almost feel pity for me/for us, singles at old age, but today I suddenly understood it is actually an amazing gift. I am excited and have butterflies in my stomach like I didn't have in years; like being a teenager all over again. I am alive like I haven't been in years and even disappointments are part of this being alive thing, because few weeks or months later I'll be back on the horse riding at full speed with the wind in my hair, alive so very alive!! 
   
I am thankful to my friend for calling and initiating this outing to the beach. I am thankful for an amazing afternoon full of sun and sand and sea. I am thankful for a great company, for heart to heart talk. I am thankful to this guy for calling me in the middle of his hike just to tell me how excited he is about our meeting tomorrow, to let me know how much he thinks of e at the moment. I am thankful for being a teenager all over again; for dreams and hopes for the butterflies. I am thankful for an amazing sunset. I am so thankful to be in this country with its amazing weather and landscapes and mostly its amazing people. I am thankful tomorrow is almost here!

No comments: