Friday, October 26, 2012

Dating once again

Day 647 - I was very sad about the break-up but knew for awhile it is coming. I am still sad about it but the divorce this week put it in the right perspective. It is only someone I met few months ago and not a life long partner. Years ago when now my ex husband and I met and got married we believed it is going to be forever, until our last breath on this earth and it sure didn't; so everything can break and life is so temporary anyway. So what if I thought this guy had the potential to become my next partner; no big deal. If I could recover from a broken marriage, I can recover in no time from a three months affair. And I sure did. Last week I put my name in one of the dating sites and I got a lot of messages; I even answered a few of them. One in particular drew my attention and the email exchange was very intriguing; we were sparring back and forth and I enjoyed it very much. He was smart and witty and very much to the point; I enjoyed it enough to give him my phone number. He called and we talked for almost an hour. It was very interesting to talk to someone I don't know at all and be so comfortable, having things to talk about for an hour, not realizing how much time had passed. More than that - I was late by almost an hour to my painting class since I didn't want to stop the conversation and I didn't want to do it while walking to class because I wanted to give it my full attention! and you know how important this class is for me, almost sacred. We talked again when I came back from my class and we talked again today for another hour. As I said earlier, he is witty and very smart and sensitive and he can sense a lot of things which is a very interesting trait. So we both want to meet now and see if it's real or just one of these figments of my/our imagination. The problem is that we live in two different cities about 1.5 hours away; we talked about it today - whether it even makes sense for us to meet since we are so far away, do I really want to fall for someone that it's so complicate to see, and definitely not on a daily basis. But what if this is it? what if I am his dreams' woman and he is my dreams' man; what if we are Mr&Ms Right? are we going to give it up just because of the distance? especially when my daughter is moving after the army to a different city which is much closer to where he lives. So we decided to meet next week and see if it's real and good enough to try to make it work. And if it does, and I sure hope it is even with all the complexity, we'll make it work. I am actually waiting for this date and will probably think about it a lot in the next two days. 
  
I am thankful for being able to date again, at least think about dating. I am thankful to my former MF for telling me about this dating site that I didn't know about and I find the quality of the people there very impressive. I am thankful this guy contacted me on that dating site, and in a way that made me want to answer. I am thankful for a great day -Jazz again in the afternoon and a dance at night. I am thankful for great time I had today on the phone with this guy I never met but who feels so familiar; for the butterflies in my stomach once again; for the impatient wait. I am thankful for an amazing day.   

No comments: