Thursday, October 11, 2012

Painting to order

Day 632 - We are finally over the holiday's season and life gets back to normal. And the best thing is that all the classes start again. So today is Thursday - my painting class, my favorite day of the week, hands down. I took the painting I started two weeks ago - "the Dream" and I took also a blank canvas. I am still not connecting enough to the old drawing, I tried for a while, made a big mess and put it aside. Last week one of my friends asked me to paint a "realistic painting for him, some kine of a landscape" I told him I am not sure I can do it but i'll try. I really did, I looked at some pictures and picked a very serene autumn scene but as my work progressed it was less what I saw and more what I felt; a rush of brush strokes in autumn colors but not realistic at all. I don't know that my friend will like it but I sure do. The interesting thing is that it's very calming for me, and I love the colors. I don't think I am willing to part with it so fast. It's funny but each one of these painting is coming from a place inside me and so I find it very difficult to let it go. each one of them resonates with me. Sometimes I struggle with a painting for a while, not really managing to connect the right way, but once I do, it just flows and the result is that I am in love with the piece, that I cannot let it go. Even when I started this painting with the intention to sell it to my friend, it still too personal; too nice to give it away. Maybe as I will paint more, I will be able to part with the old ones, not sure yet but maybe. Mean while my house looks like a gallery, so many pictures are hanging on the walls and I just love it! I am so happy our class is back in session, I really missed it last week. 
  
I am thankful for a wonderful painting class today. I am thankful for an idea my friend planted that became a very special painting, one that is already hanging on the wall in my bedroom. I am thankful for the joy of painting.    

No comments: