Saturday, October 6, 2012

Hiking again

Day 627 - to commemorate the birthday of her late father, the daughter of the guy who created most of the trails in our country and put an ever lasting mark on the hiking culture here decided to organize a series of  hikes opened to the public and free of charge. For most of them I was busy with work but today is Saturday and I so I joined 5 other people from my hiking group and we joined them.The weather was great, cloudy and not too hot, the guides were young and very enthusiastic and good. The company was great, as always, and we had two new people today and it seems like we might picked one or two more people from the attendees of today's hike. But most important is that after another long break due to my project obligations, so I was very happy to hike again, to be with my friends on the trails, basking in the warmth and beauty around us. I have to admit I was tired; apparently 3 hours of sleep after a night of dancing are not enough and my knees and feet were hurting for the first few minutes, but I didn't give up so the pain did. but right now I am really sooo tired. So again, a short entry but from a very good place. after spending a whole day outdoors, after meeting new people after just having such a good time. It is so easy to forget this feeling of happiness at the end of such a day.
  
I am thankful for a great hike. I am thankful for the joy of meeting new people; I am thankful such a great day, especially when it comes on the tail of a great night. I am thankful for the coming party tomorrow I get calls about it everyday and it makes me so excited. I a thankful it is only 10pm and I am signing off and going to sleep now; I am dead tired.  

No comments: