Sunday, October 14, 2012

My new choir

Day 635 - Few months after moving here I joined a singing troupe and had a lot of fun and than I flew to see my new granddaughter and was too busy upon my return to get back to the group, and I started the Tour Guides class so I postponed it for a year in my mind. you can imagine my shock when I found out two or three months later that our teacher passed away at the age of 54 from heart failure. but few months later they found a new teacher and I kept hearing from my friends how wonderful the class is and the he managed to bring them back together and create something great out of this tragedy. I promised my friends that once I am done with the tour guides class and the new year will start - I'll join the group and so I did. Today was the first meeting and I have to admit that it is a love at first sight (note). The teacher is absolutely amazing and he brings so much energy to the group, he has very interesting arrangements and it was an amazing experience. I am sold! I had so much fun and the energy was exploding, we ended it after two hours with so much joy and the feeling we did something great. I told my friends there that I am in. I just love it. the music selection but mostly his warm personality, his love of music are contagious and this is why it was so great. When you do something with all your heart it shows and it is passed on to the people around. I love singing and now I found my place to do that. I am so happy I decided to try. 
  
I am thankful I decided to try this singing group one more time. I am thankful for such a joyous evening. I am thankful my life is so full of activities and excitement I cannot dwell for too long on my heart ache and how much I miss him every moment of the day; it's not that I don't miss him, but it is something that takes the sharp edge out of it. I am thankful for two hours of sheer joy where I totally lost myself in the music. I am thankful for such an amazing experience. 

No comments: