Thursday, April 11, 2013

The creation of a new painting, a pregnant woman

Day 814 - Still nursing the pains of the very late drive yesterday and the not enough sleep. But It was a very good day on the painting front. After a long break with all the holidays I was finally back in the zone for a very enjoyable painting session. It is very different than what I was painting lately - not abstract but a woman; a pregnant woman. I was thinking about this subject for a very long time but did not find the right way to approach it and today I just did and I am very happy about that. It is not done yet but good enough for an initial posting so here you go my latest addition to the growing collection. For me a pregnant woman represents so much more than just a naked woman with a big belly. It is the utmost creation; the creation of new life. It is The Big Mother, the planet, the bounty in life. It is life itself. Looking at the picture with these eyes I probably have to change her hair and add colors; some greens and reds. But even as it is right now, I like what came from under my loving brush. The funny thing is that, as usual, I have a game plan that changes in midair as I get into this alternative reality of the creative mind. I love the fact that no matter what my plans are as I work on the background they start changing, the painting start emerging from nowhere, start materializing. It didn't happened last time and I just get lost, not knowing how to continue without my muse. I have to be in the zone for that to happen, I guess. 

I am thankful for the muse that set on my shoulder tonight, it felt so good to be in the zone again. I also managed to solve a Facebook challenge that yesterday I almost gave up and decided to hire someone to do it for me, so I am very thankful for that as well. Overall a very productive evening, what else can I ask for...  

No comments: