Friday, April 26, 2013

Getting ready for the move - step one

Day 829 - my daughter is moving into the new house we rented next week. So before anything we had to clean the house. I picked her up from the train station, we bought some extra cleaning stuff, we bought some food and on we drove to the house. You have to do things in the right order, eat first clean later, and we did. It was delicious hummus and a very tasty salad. Yummy! And then, we full bellies we dived in. Six hours later we realized what time it is and decided to call it a day and drove back home. Only when we got out of the car we started feeling the toll of such a hard day, all the aches and pains. I was able to stay home and relax but my daughter still had to drive an hour and a half to meet her kibbutz family for a late dinner. I was exhausted in the evening even without that drive. I guess I'm not twenty any more and don't have that kind if energy. But I am very happy, even if I'm tired that we did it. That we can now move and know it is clean. There are still things to do but it is in a moving-in condition.

I am thankful for the day; as hard as it was I would never move into a house without thoroughly cleaning it. I am thankful to my daughter for all her hard work, for the company, for a fun day of us together; I missed this and I am so thankful she decided to move back home. I am thankful for a long and healing sleep awaiting me as soon as I'm done typing. I'm thankful, as always, for another day on this earth. 

No comments: