Friday, April 19, 2013

BBQ with the fam

Day 822 - We just came back home from an evening at my partner's son. It is the first time since we met that we spend quality time with his oldest son. We were invited as was his youngest son who also gave a ride to my daughter. So a family gathering as funny as the definition of "family" is in our case - his sons my daughter and us and of course his son's girlfriend and her sister and two big dogs and a small one. It could have been a little stressful in any other place but not with our family members; all easy going and fun. It was a very pleasant evening and I am so happy I finally got to meet this son in a more relaxed environment and get to know him a little, same for the girlfriend that seems to be "the one" for him. And it's nice to be in this gathering and feel at home; expend the definition of family to one more circle; to have yet a little bigger family. and since we are going to stay together these dear people are going to really become a family to me. and I really like it, the fact that we can mesh it all together and add so much to our overall happiness. I had a wonderful evening following a wonderful day; how lucky one can be...

I am thankful for a very pleasant evening. I am thankful for family and friendship. I am thankful for my warm bed and the bad weather forecast it means late wake up and a lazy day; just what the doctor ordered.  

No comments: