Tuesday, April 2, 2013

At the crossroads, again

Day 805 - I am getting close to the three years mark. It's hard to believe, time moves so fast. I am looking at my life as they are right now asking myself what is it that I want to do next. I am restless, I feel like I settled down too fast, didn't really do so many of my plans... I am happy with my love life but I feel like more changes are needed. and in that category I include my living situation and my work. I want to move to a quieter place, away from the big city and in a place that will enable my daughter to join us. And I want to do something about my job. I used to like it but ever since I came back from my Israel National Trail hiking I cannot find back my footing, I lost some of the interest and I think it is time for a change. But I try to be responsible, or at least this is the story I tell myself. I have to find something before I leave what I currently have, this is the conventional wisdom but is it true? Isn't it just as fine to leave all behind, take a few months if needed to figured out what I want to do next and than start it with all the enthusiasm I can master. I am at the crossroads again. I love this place but right now I am so confused. 
  
I am thankful for the confusion, although it takes an awfully long time, for when I'll come out of it I'll be ready to move and do things for the next few years, things that will work better for me. I am thankful I have the luxury of during something like that, for having the open mind and hopefully also the courage to make changes yet again in my life. I am thankful I don't sit still and I keep looking for changes, it keeps my spirit young and my mind sharp. 

No comments: