Tuesday, April 23, 2013

An evening with friends

Day 826 - for the past five months since I met my partner I didn't almost any of my friends. I work long hours and when I come home at the evening I want to spend time with him. I have to be more fair to myself, I was also very busy every evening trying to set the Facebook to work the way we wanted and then few more project in the same line. So, I really was very busy. But driving home today I told myself it is not OK to disconnect from everything and everyone, especially since we are moving in a few weeks and I won't be so close to everyone anymore. And so I called one of my friends and invited her and her boyfriend over. It was a very last minute thing and I didn't have anything to serve but coffee and tea but it was nice and they stayed here for a very long time. We used to meet almost every week and we kind of disconnected since we both met our partners. And it was nice to meet again and catch up, get to know her partner and for them to meet mine. I kind of let everything evaporates from my life and it's not right, balance is the name of the game and I will try to be better about that. 
  
I am thankful for a very pleasant evening with my friends. I am thankful my partner was able to get into it and not be left as an outsider. I am thankful for our coming move, for the excitement of a new beginning but it is a little sad to say goodbye again to my friends here, and I can already see it coming. I am thankful for going to bed before 1 am - OMG, not again...  

No comments: