Saturday, April 13, 2013

The simple joys in life

Day 816 - after a long and very stressful week in which we had no time, we decided to take the day for ourselves to enjoy. We woke up late, had breakfast at 1 pm and didn't leave home until after 5 pm. With our busy schedules and hectic life style it is so good to take some time to unwind. Just to enjoy being together with nothing on our plate. We did drive in the evening to the Big City, an hour away from home but the late start and the slow beginning did wonders for us. I run on very high gear and I think it is essential to stop every once in a while and just enjoy life; enjoy the simple pleasures with no stimulation from the outside. We are almost 5 months together, still very new and it is good to have some quality time like that to strengthen the bonds without driving ourselves to exhaustion due to the late hours when we finally retire. It's funny, we run to the end of the world looking for peace of mid and for happiness and it's all here, under our noses; here for the grab. We just have to take our time and really open ourselves to what is all around us; happiness beyond our ability to comprehend and grasp. Everything we look for is inside us just waiting to be noticed and excavate. And when we are ready to open up and really look for it we will find happiness where ever we are, what ever our circumstances are. The simple joys in life are free and abundant, we just have to ask and the planet will respond in kind. Happiness is here for all of us; we just have to truly believe we deserve it and make it our own. Five months ago the planet sent my way the man I was looking for; I was lucky enough to have my eyes and my heart open and saw that and I am thankful for that every single day. It doesn't mean we don't have rough patches, like everyone else, it only means we know we are a perfect match for each other and therefor we are ready to fight for it and make it work. But not today, today we just thanked our fortune for being in each other's life.
   
I am thankful for a very restful weekend. I am thankful for the little presents strewn in our way; ours just like that. I am thankful, like every day in the past five months, for finding the man that makes me so happy.      

No comments: