Friday, April 5, 2013

Allergic reaction

Day 808 - I had an allergic reaction yesterday, something too common in our family. It was strong enough that I went to the doctor and asked for something to alleviate the itching and as usual I could not keep my eyes open. I fell asleep before I could write my blog. So here I am a day later already in a little better condition, it's not so swollen but still very itchy but today I was awake enough to even drive a very short drive. But I still had to sleep several times during the day, it's a real problem to stay awake with antihistamines in my system. Most people are ok with it but not me. So I never abuse this drug, I take it only when I really cannot do without it, like yesterday. The bad thing is that I have no idea what caused the reaction so I cannot prevent it from happening again, but the good thing is that it might not be very pleasant but it is nothing compared to what my daughter went through two years ago, this is not a dangerous reaction and I will make it through. It kind of put everything in perspective for me. 
  
I am thankful for modern medicine that can turn a very unpleasant condition into a much tolerable one. I am thankful I am so much better today and I'm sure it will be even more so tomorrow. I am thankful for a wonderful day at home even if I was not at my best. 

No comments: