Saturday, April 27, 2013

House cleaning - day 2

Day 830 - Cleaning a house before moving in takes a long time, at least in our book. I am not such a clean freak but I cannot move into someone else's dirty house. So we cleaned yesterday and we drove there again today, all the three of us and cleaned for 5 more hours. It is still not done but we did a lot and by now it is in a moving- in condition. I'm sure we will do so much more when we'll get there but by now it is good enough that I will agree to put my close in the closet and my dishes in kitchen cabinets. And we cleaned all the window screens (it looked like it was the first time ever it was cleaned) so we'll also have nice and fresh air coming through them. In short, after about 30 hours of work altogether we are done. in a few days my daughter will move her stuff and in about two weeks or less we'll move too. 
  
I am thankful this stage is over; it's a necessary stage but very tiring one and I a, so thankful it's behind us now. I am thankful that in such a short time we'll be living in our new place. I am thankful to my daughter and to my partner for being such great team players so we could do all we did today. I am thankful for a very important weekend and as usual for the blessed sleep that is raising its head once again. Good night!!   

No comments: