Sunday, April 21, 2013

Motorcycle Grand Prix 2013

Day 824 - my partner used to ride sport motorcycles for years and he still loves the sport very much; and now it is the Grand Prix season. He was anxious to see the races but we have no TV. I searched on the internet for a long time and could not find a free live streaming of the races and so we downloaded Satellite Direct and from now on he can watch all the games on my computer. It was a very last minute thing so we were not prepared with the right stuff but in two weeks we will be there again at the race with beers and pop corn to watch as the race unfolds. Even without all that it was interesting to watch the wild performance of tier 1 sport motorcycle riders. Its hair raising, breath taking - you name it. It's hard to believe people can drive like that and come out of it unscratched. What's amazing just as much is to think he did some of these things, even if not at that level on the public roads. I am so happy I did not meet him then and were not tempted to try riding on these beasts. But I have to admit, it was so interesting to watch it. And it is late again and I am going to retire for the night; happy that the day is over, happy I am doing it before midnight and happy I found the solution for my boyfriend to watch the only thing he cares to watch on TV. The wonders of modern technology - everything at the tips of our fingers, we just have to know how to find it.    
  
I am thankful for an interesting evening, for a sport I was introduced to that I never watched before. I am thankful I could do something for my partner, something that is so easy for me, not so for him and on top of it, it made him so happy. I am thankful for another day with normal bed time. Good night!

No comments: