Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Almost forgot

Day 888 - I was suppose to send something over seas with a very strict dead line that I will get a very hefty fine if I miss. The form was sent to me yesterday by mail and all I had to do was to print it, sign and send by FedEx so it will make it on time. All I had to do today was to remember that, but I didn't. During my train ride back home it suddenly hit me - it was 7 pm and tomorrow is too late. I had two options - I could call a friend back in the US where it was still early morning of the same day and ask her to sign for me and send it; or I could try to find a FedEx office that is still open. Luckily the one in our national airport was still open and accepting packages for two more hours. And so I took my car, drove an hour and a half in each direction and made it on time. I don't want to ask someone to forge my signature; it's not right and so it was only a last resort, if I won't find a solution back here; but I did and I am very happy about that. When I was young my mom used to say: "what your brain doesn't do your feet will" - or to translate it - if I didn't think on time I had to invest so much more efforts to make up for it. And today is a classic example of that. But never the less, I am so very happy to be on the right side of this equation, to come up with the right solution and see it work.

I am thankful for having a car in a day like that - I could not solve it without the car. I am thankful I remembered still on the nick of time in order to fix the mess I was about to create. I am thankful for a day that was not easy, but still a day. I would not want to miss any, I don't have so many that I'll be willing to miss one just for being sad...  

No comments: