Monday, June 10, 2013

Nothing new under the sun

Day 872 - There is nothing new under the sun wrote the old king in Ecclesiastes; yet everything is new under the sun. I am not the same person who witnessed it yesterday and nothing is the same as yesterday. The humidity and temperatures, the light, the clouds, the birds and butterflies, even the trees have changed since yesterday. It is just to the unaware mind it looks the same; to the occasional looker. But I made a pact yesterday to do things differently and I am taking my first steps in this direction. I was riding the train to work and the book suggested to close my eyes and then open them and look with an open heart around. Suddenly I was in full awareness and for a few moments, before losing this attention again. But for a few moments the world around me was impregnate with love and bounty. The sky had special light, the trees glowed in a light so warm and happy. the skies were bright and happy. For a brief moment in time I was there, in the middle of it all and so optimistic and relaxed. Small changes to break the spell and the poison of the dream of the planet, and replace it with a different dream, my own. I want to break free, for sure, but it's a very long process. We don't even realize how many agreements are bounding us until we start the process of changing them; of being aware to them. It is a challenging journey, but I believe I will emerge as a much more of a free woman on the other side.

I am thankful for picking up the book again; this time in the right timing and so with a much greater chance of acting upon it. I am thankful for the challenges ahead of my, a wide open space for self fulfillment and growth. 5 minutes to midnight - and off I go. Good night!!


No comments: