Saturday, June 1, 2013

Yard work

Day 865 - I bought the plants yesterday and today we had to plan them. My partner work in the yard for several hours weeding, and hoeing and raking and digging holes to accommodate the different plants and  making rows for the variety of seeds and finally watering the whole garden. It was hard work in hot weather under bright sun and he was really tired at the end; we are not as young or fit as we used to be, but he did it and our front yard looks all taken care of even if not too many green plants yet. In a week or so to see the seedlings and it's very exciting of course. At the moment we have a very clean house (that what I did while he worked outside) and a very nice front yard and two very exhausted people. I'll write a very short blog and go to sleep. A new week is ahead of us and I'm so not ready for that...
  
I am so thankful for the hours of work we put in; the house looks nice and welcoming and so homey and I love it. I am thankful to my partner for all his hard work; his work day is much longer than mine and he worked really hard; I am so thankful to him for that. I am thankful to my daughter who made us a wonderful lunch while we worked each one on his/her own project. I am thankful to my partner's son for fixing our bikes after almost three years they were packed. In the city where we lived before there was no point in taking them out - too hilly for our riding ability. I am thankful for a wonderful weekend.

No comments: