Sunday, June 16, 2013

Divine intervention?

Day 878 -Being so upset yesterday I picked up a book from my library and started reading. I kept reading on the train. I find it amazing how the right stuff presents itself when needed the most. It is "Loving What Is" by Byron Katie. Just what I needed. I kept saying yesterday that it didn't have to come to this point; I think I even wrote that here. But what she says is very simple - this narrative is what makes me suffer. Because if is just not true. If it happened then it had to and my reaction to the situation is what I have to investigate and ask the right questions and take it from there. But it was amazing, just this simple realization brings so much solace and calm. It did have to happen because it did. I keep saying that nothing is random, there is a guided hand behind it all. We can call it divine intervention or any other name; it really doesn't matter how we call it as long as we internalize the meaning of this. And this morning in my hour of need I was taken care of by that hand just a momentary lean-to, a helping hand to cross the abyss. I know I will be OK; I hope we all will. I hope we can find a way to dissolve the situation and to grow from it. I sure will; no matter what the outcome is. I hope there will be several issues in my life I will be able to smooth and move forward thanks to this amazing book.

I am thankful for this book that presented itself in the most crucial time. I am thankful for the calm it brought with it. I am thankful to my loved ones how challenge me and force me to get out of my comfortable shelter and face reality. I am thankful for this opportunity to grow.  

No comments: