Wednesday, June 5, 2013

upgrading my fridge

Day 869 - After weeks of debate I decided to go and buy a new refrigerator. I bought my current by two criteria - it had to be cheep since I had no money at the time, and it had to be small since the apartment were I lived had a particularly small door sills. And so it was a very small one, but suited my needs at the time. Now we are a family of three and it is just not enough. It also not of good quality and it keeps freezing things at the back of the fridge, mostly the vegetables and makes them useless. I also cannot keep a bottle of cold water  - no room... in short, you got the picture; I need a new fridge. I already went twice to look at what's available, but could not take the next step and buy it, I got a price shock. But today I got home early and just decided, this is the end of that chase, I am going to buy it, and I'm going to do it today. And so I did. In half an hour or even less I was out of the store and I will get it by the beginning of next week. I an so happy I did it. Especially now, with the approaching summer, we need a fridge that can hold water and watermelon and some vegetables, all in the same time. I can't wait for it to be here.

I am thankful I can afford to buy a new fridge, one that will be more suitable to our needs. I am thankful that after a long hesitation period, I finally master the courage to make a decision, and make the purchase. I am thankful it will be here in less than a week; I can't wait even that short of a time. I am thankful I stick with my new decision and I'm logging off my computer and 12 minutes to midnight; maybe I'll be lucky enough to get into bed by the stroke of 12. Goodnight.

No comments: