Saturday, June 29, 2013

Beach day

Day 891 - I told my daughter this afternoon I know what I'll write about tonight and here I am, a little too late, but writing about our outing today to the beach. For the past two weeks she was trying to convince me to go with her to the beach but I was too busy or not in the mood or... but today I told her I'll join her, just not in mid day since its my first time this year and I don't want to get sunburned. So at 3 pm we arrived at the beach - 10 minutes from home so just as accessible as before, and it was wonderful. I put enough sun screen and went safely through the experience. I belong to the sun worshipers, I love lying on a towel on the beach, and not the heat and not the sweat can quench my joy. I love the sea and it was amazing. I can't believe that on June 29 I did my first appearance on the beach. But I can assure you one thing - it will not be my last. I'll try to get back into the wonderful habit of watching the sun goes down at least once a week.
 
I am thankful to my daughter for coming up with the idea and asking it enough times until I finally said yes. I am thankful she found a beach so close to where we live. I am thankful to a wonderful afternoon just the two of us (and all the beach goers). I am thankful for a wonderful day.

No comments: