Thursday, June 27, 2013

Last painting class for the year

Day 889 - It is the end of the year class-wise. today we had our last painting class of the year and now we have three months off - an unwanted summer vacation. Last year few of  the students met every week in my apartment with our painting teacher and we continued our work. Actually some of my best paintings and my break into abstract painting took place during that period. But I live now half an hour away from the city and no one wants to drive that far. I also have to be very honest and admit that I should probably be looking for a new teacher and a new class. Not because he is not good but because he doesn't appreciates abstract very much and so his input is not enough to push me as I need to be pushed in order to keep being creative and he can't show me how to go about developing my style and techniques. It's a little sad but I know it is the right thing to do so maybe during the summer I'll visit few classes in the area and see if I can find something closer and more challenging. But this being said, I had a great time today. I put on my earphones to block the disturbance from my class mates so I can listen inwards and just kept working on a painting I started few days ago when I broke up with my partner. I was sad and I was angry and I put it all on the canvas but left it in mid-air since I had to go out to pick up my daughter from the train and didn't go back to it upon my return. So today I finished and had some interesting ideas how to do it and it came out even better that I expected. I  know I'm so lucky to have something that enables me to express my most hidden feelings and thought. That I have this connection of hand and soul. I am so very lucky to have this therapeutic tool in my hands to console  me at times of need.

I am thankful for a second year of paintings and all the much joy it brings into my life. I am thankful I chose to go to my class and not my hiking group's party on the beach. I am thankful for an amazing painting I created today, different than anything I did before and yet so me. It's really late again so, I am thankful for a good night sleep.

No comments: