Saturday, June 1, 2013

Ikea spree

This one was written few days ago and I just found out it was not published but was kept as a draft. opps...

Day 866 - I drove with my daughter this morning to Ikea to buy some necessary stuff. The problem is, as usual, storage space and I was trying to find some solutions. We also needed more heavy duty things like a desk and a medicine cabinet and a regular bath cabinet. We spent there a great amount of time and we came out with a loaded car and very empty wallets but we were very happy; mission accomplished, or at least stage one was. When we came home we embarked on the second part of an Ikea project - assembly of the various things we bought. My daughter is already done, I still have some things to assemble and I have one return. We are also extremely tired but it's nice to see how slowly the house gets into shape and tomorrow when I'll be done with the cabinet I'll get to the close rack and will be able to finish unpacking my close. I thing I have about two more boxes of close and the rest are going to long term storage; things I want to keep but I don't really need it for my daily life. and with that we'll be able to declare the house as done and us as settled in. I have to admit, I'm looking forwards to that I am looking forward to a relaxed day with nothing to do just kick back and rest. But tonight I'm still not there, it's past midnight and my back hurts from all the heavy stuff we carried around and I am so very tired. But I am so thankful for the day.

I am thankful for a day of hard work around the house. I am thankful for the things we bought that hopeful will make life easier and more organized. I am thankful for a very fruitful day that finally comes to it end. I am thankful for a good and long sleep.

No comments: