Saturday, June 8, 2013

My paintings

Day 870 - I keep adding pictures to my collection I have 17 by now and I am very attached to them all. People are talking to me sometimes about selling some of my pictures but I keep saying I can't part with them. Today we had visitors here, my partner's oldest son and his girlfriend, and the discussion went again to the same subject of me being attached to my paintings. My daughter said that actually by saying that I am making the situation permanent a self fulfilling prophecy. The son brought a very interesting point I am painting a mood, a feeling, a thought something that was on my mind and made its way to the canvas and now I have to let go, or I am keeping the attachment instead of releasing it and opening my path, and by keeping it instead of letting go I am blocking myself, my expression. A very interesting thought indeed, I never looked at it before this way but I can definitely see the logic there. I guess I will start to open up and give some away or sell them. I sure hope I can find people who'd like to buy my paintings. It will sure encourage me to paint more and will make me happy to think some life was touched and made better by that painting. You never know who and what will make needed changes in your life; it can be any one, any time anywhere. What a wonderful thought
  
I am thankful for a very interesting discussion that brought me finally to a place where I am ready for the next step in my artistic life; I am putting my paintings for sale. I am thankful for a wonderful Saturday and some more work in the yard that looks so lovely by now. I am thankful for a wonderful weekend that filled me with energy for the week to come.  

No comments: