Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Home, sweet home

Day 1510 - in the afternoon i got my new mattress delivered; and few hours later, after work, we met the painter at the store and chose colors for the apartment. Tomorrow he will paint patches on the walls so we can see how it comes out there before making final decision. I also surveyed the place more thoroughly while waiting there and I have a better idea what still has to be done before the move. It's painting first of all and then cleaning of course. There are few items that have to be fixed or changed; as good a condition as this place was, I still look at things differently than they do so different standards and expectations. And above all, it is a known fact that what you don't do when you first move will be delayed until you move out. So I better take care of everything I can now. I was in there today for about an hour waiting for the mattress and I fill really good about the place; it's serene, very well lighted and very welcoming. I already feel good there even without any of my stuff to make it a real home. I can't wait to move there. I am thankful for this place I now call home. I am thankful for all this extra work, it is what will make it mine.

No comments: