Thursday, March 26, 2015

It's moving day

Day 1526 - a day later than planned, due to misunderstanding, we finally moved. It was fast and easy and event less, just as a move should be. The only problem is that the painter did not finish yet so I cannot start unpacking. It's a little inconvenient since we can't stay there yet. So we stay one more night in the old apartment where only a mattress and few close are left but we figured its better than sleeping with all the fresh paint and dirty closets and bathrooms. So hopefully by tomorrow afternoon he'll be done and the cleaning ladies will come on Saturday to clean the house and I hope will really mark our moving in. I never took anyone to clean cabinets and closets for me when I move but I feel it's the right thing to do. I'm just too tired to spend my only free day cleaning. I'd rather let them do the cleaning and I'll take care of the unpacking. Well, I guess work is taking its toll. I am thankful that the first stage of the move is behind me; not living there yet, the new reality did not sink in yet, but I M so thankful that after almost five years since I moved here I have a house of my own. It's modest and nothing very special but for me it is; it's my own place and it removes a heavy load off my shoulders. I don't spend so much money every year on rent.

No comments: