Wednesday, March 25, 2015

My daughter takes off on her way to see the world

Day 1525 - after months if preparations and planning the big day has finally arrived and my daughter all ready and excited took the first step on her epic journey to Nepal. It is almost a right of passage for young people in our country and I have to say it is a very admirable one. Instead of getting drunk and getting stupid they take a world trip, trekking in some of the most beautiful and remote places and take the time to find what they are made of, something that I'm sure will be with them for the rest of their life. It is the epic "hero quest" and she will come back from it a little different and stronger I'm sure. I met her and my son today for a few hours. It was nice to be together just the three of us have some good laughs and enjoy some quality time just before she leaves. By now she is already half way to Mumbay, her connection stop. I wish her and amazing trip and experiences that will last a life time. I am so proud to see her doing that. To see how nature and self assured she is. How capable she is. Nothing can make a parent more happy than to see their children come to that point.

No comments: