Friday, August 5, 2011

Celebrating Sabbath

Day 199 – it’s Friday night and my daughter is here for her first weekend with me since she went back to the military. She came today all tired but in a great mood and with a bag full of dirty cloths. I was so happy to see her and hear her stories and mostly to see that she is tired but loving her new life. And she brought with her Challah bread the special Sabbath bread. So at the evening we lit the candles and blessed the Shabbat and the challah and the wine and it was very special evening. We talked about highs and lows of the week which is something they do in their group and I enjoyed it very much. And later we had a Shabbat dinner. All simple stuff, nothing outstanding, but doing it with her after years I haven’t done it was very special. Plus right now, with my strange life style, even cooking is something worth mentioning.
I am so thankful for a special evening with my daughter. For bringing something special into this weekend, and by that making the day stands out and not blend into all other days. It’s funny, I wrote about that this morning that I want us to celebrate the Sabbath and she just felt that and came with the same idea. I am thankful for small moments, this is what memories and dreams are made of.

No comments: