Sunday, August 14, 2011

Starting to grasp what just happened yesterday

Day 208 – Still in the wake of the suicide attempt. It starts to sink in and it is very difficult to deal with. I didn’t go to work today, my help was needed more there. With a meeting, endless phone calls, and trying to calm down, talk to those most hurt and talk to professionals to make sure we will not miss on something that can be crucial; this was all I could do. It is so difficult to stand and watch from the sideline, especially at times like that. All we can do is collect the relevant information, give it to the caretakers and pray they will use it. All what we can do is send our love and thoughts in our friend’s direction. All we can do is hope, and fear, and try to deal with the array of emotions that flooding us in the wake of such an event.
A very difficult day, for everyone involved. And I am sure that our friend is in such turmoil right now even though on the surface everyone was trying to pretend that all is well. Nothing is well, or else it would not have happened. And I think that by trying to do that we can put our friend in even more dangerous spot. Nothing is well. Someone tried to commit suicide so something is very, very wrong. And it has to be addressed.
In a day like that I hope that there is a God or some higher powers and I am sending all the positive energy and all the love I can master. I give any merit I earned to our friend. I am praying for easier days and for recovery from that deep depression. I am praying for that person to see the light again. I know it is hell right now. I can only hope for patience until things will get easier.
I am thankful beyond words for this change of heart. I am thankful these are the issues we have to deal with and not with a different outcome. I am thankful for another chance to make things right. There are moments in life when there is hardly anything we can say, just hug each other for warmth, for re-assurance, for showing our love and our compassion. Today is such a day.

No comments: